Okay, so yesterday I went to a friends house to play some games. After we played I went home and changed to go play some basketball. When I went to play basketball I notice I was missing my phone. I wasn't to worried because I knew it would be around. After coming back from basketball I looked for it everywhere and I couldn't find it.
I went back to my friend's house where I thought I might have left it. I used it at his house so I know I had it there. We couldn't find it in the house. We looked out in the snow by his house (with the snow still coming down, like it had been doing all day) because I got in a snowball fight out there. This is where I felt it probably was. We didn't see it anywhere out there.
Oh I forgot to mention that I had my phone on vibrate (Like I almost always do). So I had people calling it but we couldn't see or feel it. So I went back home and tore my room apart. It wasn't to be found there. I looked high and low in my car to no avail. Yes I had prayed to have some divine help me find this phone. I thought I had better go back outside to my friend's house and look some more in the snow.
So at about 11:15 in the night. I got my snow boots, hat, gloves, and my winter coat on with the accompaniment of a snow shovel and headed over to my friend's house. I started digging around for probably about 15-20 min and I couldn't find it. I wanted to stop and go look somewhere else, but I didn't know where else to look. So I convinced myself it was around here somewhere, and within the next minute I found it!
I guess what I learned is that sometimes in order for a prayer to be answered you have to do your part and put forth effort. The Lord will help you, but you have to help yourself too.
4 comments:
Great srory Steven. Thanks for sharing. I'll tell my kids about it. I'm glad you found your phone! See you soon!
Good job not giving up. I'm sure you felt so good when you found it. See ya Saturday.
I love that story Steve. I bet you
learned a lesson(not that was a bad thing). Love Olivia
Hey there Steven! It is so fun reading all the things your family is writing about. Good Job Ward kids for keeping in touch so well. The Blevins could take some help in that area!
Post a Comment