Friday, December 7, 2007

Spider Extermination 101

The past few days we've seen a few spiders around our house. So in honor of this I thought that I would give a few online lessons. You know, a few tips from the ol' pro. Well I've decided to teach this course using a few short videos.

I want to show you a couple different ways of going about this. The first way is one of my favorite. I like to call this the fumigation technique. This is very useful if you are scared of spiders, it looks like a quick one, or it is in a hard to reach place. Now before I go on I need to mention, we are not cold blood killers. We need to respect nature. However we also need to defend and protect ourselves. These techniques should be used with careful decision. Now continuing...The principle behind fumigation is injury the arachnoid and then give you a clean shot with it stunned. Any household spray will do just fine. Below is a demonstration of the pro in action.

(Notice my singing, it's important to have the right mindset. In this case I put myself in the Wild West mood.) (The 2nd video is better.)

So there you have it. That's one way of doing it. Below is another way. The sound should work so I'll just let the video explain it all.

Maybe I shouldn't teach this class anymore.......... I forgot to hit the spider. I should listen to my own advise.

4 comments:

Debra said...

Steve that was really scary. I'm not too sure about this man vs wild with spiders. For my sake try something else. And I really hope that you got that spider it looked big and scary and hoboish. Yikes!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve,
Crikey you have mad spider fighting skills, you are a man after my own heart. If only that bloody sting ray didn't take me out I know I could have learned a few things from you in taming those little hairy legged varmits. Best of luck in your future skill search.
The Late Steve Irwin,

G

Anonymous said...

You crack me up Steve!

Idaho Sutters said...

Hey Steve you are to funny. What an immagination. Now I know where Luke gets it! You'll have to teach me how to do videos on a blog! Since I'm not that creative, I'll just tape Luke.